100 Greatest Golf Courses Outside the US: # 70. Four Seasons Costa Rica G.C. at Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica — Golf Digest
As guests of the homeowners, you have access to the Four Seasons Costa Rica golf course and tennis center at Peninsula Papagayo (guest fees apply). You can also dine at Caracol, the Four Seasons managed restaurant housed in the beautiful clubhouse, and CR Burgers for casual fare, located next to the tennis courts.
Whether you play or ride along, the views and wildlife are spectacular. The Four Seasons Costa Rica golf course is also a certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary. Besides the prolific bird life, we’ve seen a variety of wildlife including iguanas, abundant white-faced monkeys, mantled howler monkeys, pizotes (coatamundi), and even coyotes!
Golf holes we love:
- Hole #3- spectacular ocean vistas!
- Hole #6 “El Bajo”- it goes straight down and your ball flies forever… with a backdrop of fairway green, jungle, and glistening ocean
- Hole #9- frequent monkey sightings on the left hand side in the mango trees
- Hole #17- challenging and intimidating with spectacular ocean and Peninsula views
Tennis at the Four Seasons Costa Rica Golf Club and Tennis Center
The Tennis Center features 4 Har-Tru courts and one grass court. There are golf and tennis clinics as well as private and semi-private lessons taught by PBI (Peter Burwash International), and our favorite pro, tennis director David Hong. They also have a variety of clinics available:
- Group Clinics
- Advance Drill Session
- Stroke of the Day Clinic
- Never Touched a Racquet Clinic
- Player Matching